Nguyen Thuy An Tuyen regularly advises foreign investors on corporate matters, commercial activities, M&A and labor. Tuyen focuses on numerous M&A deals involving targets in various business sectors, including real estate, aquafeed manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, shipyards, and retail trading. Especially, Tuyen specializes on employment matters, having advised multinational companies and local companies on Vietnamese laws and regulations on corporate and labor-related matters.
In late 2015, Tuyen was seconded to Nagashima Ohno & Tsunematsu – Tokyo, Japan for two months.
- Representing certain private equity funds such as Mekong Capital and BankInvest in their investments in a number of companies in Vietnam;
- Representing Fullerton Financial Holdings as buyer on the acquisition of a strategic stake in Mekong Development Bank;
- Representing ERGO, a German insurer in its acquisition of shares in a local insurer;
- Representing PetroVietnam Gas Corporation (PVGas) as seller on the proposed strategic sale in PVGas (as part of the equitization of PVGas) to foreign investors;
- Representing Dream Incubator Vietnam Joint Stock Company on a proposed acquisition of shares in a company involved in pharmaceutical distribution;
- Representing Sime Darby Motors on acquisition of shares in Europe Automobiles Corp;
- Representing PetroVietnam Finance Corporation in its consolidation with Western Joint Stock Commercial Bank to form Vietnam Public Joint Stock Commercial Bank; and
- Representing Sherwin-Williams Company on its restructuring in Vietnam by way of merging its two Vietnamese subsidiaries.
- Advising Allen & Overy LLP on a proposed listing of a Singapore-based company on the Main Board of Singapore Exchange Securities Trading Limited, in connection with its shipyard subsidiaries in Vietnam, including (A) Saigon Offshore Fabrication and Engineering Limited, and (B) Saigon Shipyard Company.
- Advising Procter & Gamble on their day-to-day operations in Vietnam;
- Advising the Representative Office of Pfizer Thailand in Vietnam on operational and compliance issues in relation to advertising and promotion, and regulatory and compliance rules in Vietnam;
- Advising Pharma Group, a sector committee of EuroCharm on their day-to-day operations in Vietnam; and
- Advising JCB, an international payment brand based in Japan on Vietnamese regulations and compliance issues in respect of its various promotional activities targeting JCB card members and its contemplated DCC transactions in Vietnam.
- Advising Emerson Network Power – Embedded Power (Vietnam) Co Ltd on its development of a risk mitigation strategy for employment issues related to the closure of a large factory in the southern region of Vietnam;
- Advising HSBC Bank (Vietnam) Ltd. on regulatory scheme, legal risks, and practical strategies for dismissing employees who violate client confidentiality, among other things; and
- Advising multinational companies and local companies, including Citibank, HSBC Bank, Deutsche Bank, Pfizer Inc., Japan Tobacco International, Pfizer Inc., Monsanto, Uber, Sherwin-Williams Company, Vietnam Airlines, Abbott etc. in drafting employment documents such as labor contracts, internal labor agreements, and collective labor agreements and in other compliance issues and practical strategies for termination of employment.