Nguyen Thu Hang is a counsel of YKVN at Ho Chi Minh City office. Her practices focus on M&A transactions, banking and finance and corporate. Hang regularly advises foreign investors on the purchase and sale of shares in listed and unlisted companies.
Hang has been also involved in lending and security transactions in Vietnam as well as bonds issuance transactions of corporations having large capitalisation in Vietnam market. She has also advised on corporate and investment activities in Vietnam.
- Acting as counsel to Marico Ltd, one of the leading Indian consumer goods and beauty-care services companies, on its acquisition of 85% stake in International Consumer Products Corporation (ICP), one of the fastest growing fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) companies in Vietnam.
- Acting as Vietnamese counsel to Semen Gresik, one of the leading Indonesia cement companies, on its acquisition of 70% stake in Thang Long Cement Joint Stock Company.
- Acting as counsel to Credit Suisse on exchange of high yield bonds issued by Hoang Anh Gia Lai Joint Stock Company into its shares.
- Acting as counsel to shareholders of Tropical Development and Investment Corporation, one of the company operating in seeds, agricultural products and fertilizers in Vietnam, on sale of 100% stake in Tropical Development and Investment Corporation to a French company.
- Acting as Vietnamese counsel to Warburg Pincus in the strategic partnership with Vingroup Joint Stock Company to substantially build out Vingroup’s retail property business.
- Representing Dream Incubator in its investments in a number of companies in Vietnam such as Nutifood and Japan Vietnam Medical Instrument JSC.
- Representing Ma San Group Corporation as seller on a number of sales of stakes in its subsidiaries to BankInvest, Mekong Capital, House Food, KKR and TPG.
- Representing certain private equity funds such as BankInvest and Vinacapital in their investments in a number of companies in Vietnam.
- Representing ICA, a local pharmaceutical company in its acquisition of a pharmaceutical production plant wholly owned by Ranbaxy.
- Representing Nui Phao Mining Company Limited setting up a joint venture company with H.C.Starck engaging in manufacturing tungsten.
- Representing Central Group Corporation in its investments in Nguyen Kim Trading Joint Stock Company.
- Representing Central Group Corporation in its investments in Recess Logistic and Retail Company Limited (Zalora).
- Representing Central Group Corporation in its investments in Big C Vietnam.
- Representing Vietnam Oman Fund (VOI) in its investments in a number of companies in Vietnam.
Banking and Finance
- Representing Ma San Group Corporation on a number of pre-IPO convertible financings with TPG and Goldman Sach.
- Representing Ma San Group Corporation as bond issuer on its issuance of straight bonds and options to Viet Capital Securities Joint Stock Company.
- Representing Vietcombank and BIDV as lender counsel on various syndicated and single financings, in particular infrastructure projects in Vietnam.
- Representing International Finance Corporation as bondholder on its acquisitions of convertible bonds in An Binh Commercial Joint Stock Bank.
- Representing Temasek Holdings as bondholder on its acquisition of exchangeable bonds and convertible bonds in Hoang Anh Gia Lai Joint Stock Company and its subsidiary, Hoang Anh Gia Lai Rubber Joint Stock Company.
- Advising foreign banks such as HSBC, the Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ Ltd., Ma San Group Corporation and Vingroup Joint Stock Company on their operations, regulatory compliance, mortgages, pledges and guarantees.
- Representing Bank for Investment and Development of Vietnam setting up a joint venture company with Metlife engaging in insurance.
- Representing ITACO as issuer counsel in the proposed offshore offering and listing of its shares on the SGX-ST.