Ha received a LLB from the Ho Chi Minh City University of Law in 2004 and joined YKVN in 2005. Ha has advised a number of domestic and foreign corporations in negotiations in various trade disputes and succeeded in recovering many millions USD for his clients. In addition, he has also represented many domestic and international clients at Vietnamese courts and arbitration centers at Vietnam.
Ha’s clients include major Vietnamese corporates including VNPT, Vietnam Steel Corporation, Saigon Petro, Saigon Trading Group (SATRA), as well as foreign-invested enterprises and multinationals like HSBC Bank (Vietnam) Ltd, Standard Chartered Bank (Vietnam) Ltd, P&G, Metro Cash & Carry, RMIT, New Zealand International College and Indochina Capital.
Dispute Resolution and Litigation
- Advised a foreign-invested company in a 300 million USD infra-structure BOT project on a dispute with a municipal government whereby the initially approved invested capital cap was accepted to be increased by more than 60 million USD.
- Advised the foreign owner/operator of a 5-star hotel in Ho Chi Minh City, being charged of tax evasion and involved in a complex dispute with the local BCC partner and tax authority, and helping the investigation be dropped and the BCC transformed into a joint-venture.
- Represented Bachy Soletanche Vietnam before the court of Cau Giay District, Hanoi in a dispute over a FIDIC contract.
- Advised New Zealand International College on the settlement of the dispute with its partner in a JVC involving the investment process, establishment of an international school in Vietnam worth tens of millions of USD.
- Represented SATRA, Vietnam’s largest trading corporation, in a trade dispute worth several million USD.
- Represented a major shareholder of Vung Tau Cable Car Tourism Joint – Stock Company (VCCT), a company operating a large cable-car project worth tens of millions of USD, in winning the lawsuit over a shareholders’ dispute.
- Represented a major foreign fund in Vietnam in an arbitration case at VIAC involving a claw-back valued at tens of millions of USD from a share-subscription agreement with a local joint-stock company.
- Represented Standard Chartered Bank (Vietnam) Ltd in credit debt recovery cases against a borrower, a foreign invested entity, at Hanoi Court worth 2.5 million USD.
- Represented HSBC Bank (Vietnam) Ltd, in a series of credit debt recovery cases against individual debtors as well as corporate debtors at courts in Ho Chi Minh City and Quang Nam province worth approximately one million USD.
- Represented a foreign invested company in a trade dispute at Ho Chi Minh City Commercial Arbitration Center (TRACENT) against a stated owned company worth 200,000 USD.
- Represented the subsidiaries of Procter & Gambles, Hanesbrands, Metro Cash & Carry, Monsanto, Capgemini and RMIT in Vietnam in settling its labor, trade and land use rights disputes.