TRAN QUANG CHUC
Chuc concentrates on M&A and capital markets matters. Previously Chief Legal Counsel of Masan Group, Chuc has been involved in some of the most complex and larges M&A and capital markets transactions in Vietnam to date. Chuc joined YKVN in 2004. In 2009, he joined the legal department of Masan Group as Chief Legal Counsel.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Advised Masan Group Corporation and its subsidiaries in various landmark M&A transactions, including among others:
- Sale of equity interests of its consumer and beer subsidiaries to Singha;
- Acquisition of controlling stakes in two of the biggest animal feed companies in Vietnam, Proconco and ANCO;
- Sale of Masan Group shares to various foreign investors, including R.F. Chandler and Bank Invest (now PENM Partners);
- Sale of shares of Masan Consumer Corporation to KKR;
- Sale of shares of Masan AGri Corporation to TPG;
- Sale of shares of Masan Resources Corporation to Mount Kellett;
- Acquisition of controlling stakes through tender offer of several beverage companies; and
- Acquisiton of the Nui Phao mining project from Dragon Capital, with several simultaneous equity and debt transactions.
- Advised Masan Group Corporation and its subsidiaries on various transactions to finance the Nui Phao mining projects, including a syndicated loan led by Vietcombank anda bridge loan from Standard Chartered Bank;
- Advised Masan Group Corporation and its subsidiaries on a US$175 million syndicated loan led by J.P. Morgan;
- Advised Vietnam Airlines Corporation on the financing of its aircraft purchases; and
- Advised Vietcombank and BIDV on several syndicated loans to finance hydropower projects.
- Advised Masan Group Corporation and its subsidiaries on various bonds and its subsidiaries on various bond transactions, including VND2,100 billion bonds guaranteed by CGIF, a trust fund of the Asian Development Bank;
- Advised Masan Group Corporation on its issue of equity-linked instruments (convertible bonds and convertible loans) to TPG, R.F. Chandler, Mount Kellet and Goldman Sachs;
- Advised Masan Resources Corporation on its listing on UpCOM of Hanoi Stock Exchange; and
- Advised Masan Group Corporation on its listing on the Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange.
- Advised Masan Group Corporation on compliance issues applicable to a listed company such as board and shareholders' meeting and information disclosure.