Tran Ngoc Ha is a senior associate of YKVN. She has nearly ten years of experience advising clients, including a range of credit institutions, payment intermediaries, securities firms, and other multi-national corporations.
Her practice includes banking and finance, corporate matters, M&A transactions and dispute resolution. She has advised many credit institutions in implementing their new cutting-edge and innovative banking products in Vietnam. She also involved in many M&A deals.
She has co-authored the Vietnam Law and Practice Section of the Project Finance and Banking and Finance 2019 (2nd edition) by Chambers and Partners.
Ho Chi Minh City University of Economics and Law, LL.M. (2016)
Ho Chi Minh City University of Economics and Law, LL.B. (2011)
Ho Chi Minh City Bar Association
Banking and Finance
- Advised foreign and local banks such as Bank of India, Home Credit, HD Saison, Shinhan Bank and HSBC on operation matters such as loans, foreign loans, security arrangements, regulatory compliance and restructuring debts portfolio;
- Advised Deutsche Bank on its capacity as an escrow agent in Vietnam (including reviewing escrow agreements templates);
- Advised an international private equity investor in connection with its proposed strategic investment in a large Vietnamese commercial bank;
- Advised JCB on various legal and regulatory matters and issues relating to the establishment, development and promotion of JCB’s card business in Vietnam; and
- Advised fintech companies in exploring their business and partnership with local banks in Vietnam for providing payment service.
- Advised shareholders of A My Gia Joint Stock Company, one of the companies manufacturing and distributing household products including fragrance and anti-insects products with a major focus on household detergent in Vietnam, on sale of 100% stake in A My Gia Joint Stock Company to a Japan company;
- Advised the owners of Tan Quang Minh Manufacture and Trading Company Limited to restructure and sell shares to Malee group;
- Advised Prudential Group on its divestment of 100% stake in Prudential Vietnam Finance Company Limited;
- Advised Shinhan Bank Vietnam on the acquisition of the retail business of ANZ Vietnam;
- Advised a Singaporean investor in divestment of equity interests in In Do Trans Logistics Corporation;
- Advised Hoa Lam Corp in cooperation with HongKong Land to develop a luxury residential high-rise building in HCM city or other deals; and
- Advised foreign investors in acquiring equity in a power project.
- Advised Procter & Gamble on their day-to-day operations in Vietnam;
- Advised RMIT University Vietnam on various issues relating to investment and education laws and regulations; and
- Advised foreign investors on Vietnamese regulations and compliance issues in respect of its various promotional and advertising activities and its contemplated transactions in Vietnam.
- Advised individual shareholder in dispute in Singapore and Vietnam with Trung Nguyen Group over ownership of Singaporean company Trung Nguyen International;
- Represented HSBC Bank (Vietnam) Ltd, in a series of credit debt recovery cases against individual debtors as well as corporate debtors at courts;
- Represented Hill International to recover project management fees worth several million USD from developer of a large real estate and entertainment project in Long An province; and
- Advised Coca Cola in the resolution of labor dispute with a trade union member.