TRAN MANH DUC
Duc's practice focuses on banking, capital market and M&A. Duc regularly advises State-owned banks, joint stock commercial banks and foreign banks as well as local borrowers on financing and security transactions in Vietnam. He also assisted in a number of bond issuance transactions of corporations having large capitalisation in Vietnam market and in a number of purchases and sales of shares in listed and unlisted companies.
Duc joined YKVN in 2007.
- Advising the Export-Import Bank of Korea and other commercial lenders on a US$1.5 billion financing of the Mong Duong 2 BOT Power Plant Project;
- Advising a syndicate of banks led by Vietcombank on an VND2,650 billion financing of the Ma Lang Complex project of Bitexco in Ho Chi Minh City;
- Advising a syndicate of banks led by BIDV on a number of financings for the Financial Tower project of Bitexco in Ho Chi Minh City with total financing amounts of US$191 million;
- Advising BIDV and Bank for Investment and Development of Cambodia as the lenders on an approximately US$55 million financing of the integrated sugarcane plantation and producing sugar, ethanol & power cogeneration project in Cambodia and on other various financings in Cambodia;
- Advising Societe De Promotion Et De Participation Pour La Cooperation Economique S.A. (Proparco) as the lender on its US$20 million loan to Sai Gon Thuong Tin Commercial Joint Stock Bank;
- Advising the International Finance Corporation (IFC) as the lender on its US$12 million convertible financing of the offshore investment by Thien Minh Travel Joint Stock Company;
- Advising Citibank, HSBC (Vietnam), BIDV and Vietcombank as the lenders on various financings in Vietnam;
- Advising Ma San Industrial Corporation as the borrower on its US$108 million loan with JP Morgan Chase Bank;
- Advising Vietcombank as the borrower on its US$50 million loan with Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ;
- Advising Metro Cash & Carry Vietnam as the borrower on its EUR47 million loan with European Investment Bank; and
- Advising Ma San Group Corporation as the borrower on its US$40 million convertible loan with International Finance Corporation (IFC).
Mr. Duc regularly advises foreign banks such as Credit Suisse, Morgan Stanley and HSBC on the security arrangements (e.g. pledges, mortgages and guarantees) for both onshore and offshore transactions.
- Advising Ma San Group Corporation as the issuer on its VND630 billion onshore bonds issued to Texas Pacific Group;
- Advising Ma San Group Corporation as the issuer on its VND2,200 billion onshore bonds issued to Vietinbank;
- Advising Thai Nguyen Trading and Investment Company Ltd as the issuer on its VND6,800 billion onshore bonds issued to local banks; and
- Advising Vietnam - Oman Investment as the subscriber in the private placement of an approximately VND505 billion onshore convertible bonds issued by Vinh Son – Song Hinh Hydropower JSC.
- Advising Sime Singapore Limited in its investments in Europe Automobiles Corporation, the distributor of BMW cars in Vietnam market;
- Advising PetroVietnam Finance Corporation (PVFC) in its sale of strategic stake to Morgan Stanley;
- Advising Dream Incubator in its investments in Nutifood and Japan Vietnam Medical Instrument JSC; and
- Advising Mekong Capital in its investments in Digiworld.
Ho Chi Minh City University of Law LL.B., 2007
Ho Chi Minh City University of Economics, Business Management Course, 2005
University of California, Berkeley, Boalt Hall School of Law, Corporation Course, 2010
- Ho Chi Minh City Bar Association