TRAN DIEU HUONG
Huong’s current main areas of practice are capital market transactions and other corporate transactional and advisory matters. She has been involved in major debt and equity capital markets transactions offshore and has also gained experience in corporate transactions such as acquisitions of businesses and assets, general corporate and advisory services.
Huong is fluent in English. Huong previously practiced in the Merger & Acquisition and Equity Capital Markets departments at WongPartnership LLP, one of the biggest law firms in Singapore, and prior to joining WongPartnership, worked at Drew & Napier LLP in Singapore and Deacons (now known as Norton Rose) in Melbourne, Australia.
- Representing Credit Suisse and Morgan Stanley as underwriters’ counsel in the sale and offering of US$70 million shares in Vingroup JSC by Xavinco Land JSC in 2014;
- Representing Credit Suisse as underwriter counsel in the Vingroup's US$185 million and US$200 million bond issuances in 2012 and 2013, respectively;
- Representing Barclays and HSBC as underwriters’ counsel in the US$250 million high yield bonds issuance by Vietnam Joint Stock Commercial Bank for Industry and Trade in 2012;
- Representing Temasek Holdings in its investment in VND1,130 billion exchangeable bonds issued by Hoang Anh Gia Lai JSC in 2011;
- Representing Credit Suisse as underwriter counsel in US$90 million high yield bonds issuance by Hoang Anh Gia Lai JSC in 2011;
- Representing Credit Suisse as underwriter counsel in the proposed offshore offering and listing of shares of Vingroup JSC on the SGX-ST;
- Representing Texhong Textile Group Limited as issuer counsel in the US$200 million offshore offering and listing of bonds on the SGX-ST trị giá 200 triệu USD (due diligence on Vietnamese subsidiary of Texhong Textile Group Limited and advising on relevant guarantees in connection with the offering); and
- Representing Vinamilk as issuer counsel in the proposed offshore offering and listing of its shares on the SGX-ST.
- Representing Dream Incubator in its investments in Santedo Corporation;
- Representing Euvipharm Pharmaceutical JSC in the issuance and offering shares to Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc.;
- Representing PetroVietnam Finance Corporation in its consolidation with Western Joint Stock Commercial Bank to form Vietnam Public Joint Stock Commercial Bank;
- Representing Coca Cola in its indirect acquisition of a subsidiary in Vietnam (due diligence on target company in Vietnam and advising Coca Cola on legal compliance and relevant regulatory and corporate approvals);
- Representing shareholders of OPV Pharmaceutical JSC in the restructuring shareholding and subsequent investment by Navis Capital into the offshore parent company.
- Representing AerCap on the lease of two Boeing B737-400 aircrafts to Jetstar Pacific Airlines; and
- Representing Babcock & Brown on the lease of an Airbus A320-200 aircraft to Vietnam Airlines.
Fund Management, Insurance
- Advising Deutsche Bank in its capacity as supervisory bank, custodian and fund administrator of open-ended funds in Vietnam;
- Advising Fidelity regarding its compliance obligations under Vietnamese regulations; and
- Advising Prudential on its compliance obligations in insurance business under Vietnamese regulations.