PHAN VINH NHAN
Nhan advises on a broad range of corporate, banking and finance transactions. He has extensive experience advising on a variety of complex public and private mergers and acquisitions in sectors such as banking, insurance, food & beverage, and real estate. He has in-depth experience advising on and executing a wide range of banking transactions including lending, trade financing and derivatives transactions. Nhan's diverse practice has also included representing issuers and underwriters in a significant number of capital markets transactions.
Prior to joining YKVN, Nhan worked with international law firms in Singapore and Vietnam, including 3 years with a "Magic Circle" firm in its Ho Chi Minh City office.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Advising Masan Group on its US$1.1 billion sale of a strategic stake in Masan Consumer Holdings and Masan Brewery to Singha Asia Holding Pte. Ltd.;
- Advising Masan Group on its US$200 million sale of an additional stake to Kohlberg Kravis Roberts (KKR);
- Advising Masan Group on its US$96 million acquisition of a 40% stake in Vietnam-French Cattle Feed JSC (Proconco);
- Advising Masan Group on the sale of 49% stake in Hoa Muoi Gio Company Limited (which holds a 40% stake in Vietnam-French Cattle Feed JSC (Proconco)) to TPG Growth Capital;
- Advising Fullerton Financial Holdings as buyer on the acquisition of a strategic stake in Mekong Development Bank;
- Advising HSBC as buyer on the acquisition of a strategic stake in Techcombank;
- Advising UOB as buyer on the acquisition of a strategic stake in Southern Bank;
- Advising Vietcombank on a bank merger & acquisition transaction involving one of its joint venture banks in Vietnam;
- Advising an international private equity investor in connection with its proposed strategic investment in a large Vietnamese commercial bank;
- Advising ERGO International AG as buyer on the acquisition of a strategic stake in Global Insurance Company;
- Advising PetroVietnam Gas Corporation (PVGas) as seller on the proposed strategic sale in PVGas (as part of the equitization of PVGas) to foreign investors;
- Advising Mapletree, the Temasek real estate affiliate, in the acquisition of a mixed used building in central Hanoi; and
- Advising Vinacapital Vietnam Opportunity Fund Limited on the acquisition of a majority stake in International Dairy Products JSC (IDP)
Banking and Finance
- Advising the lenders on the US$1.5 billion financing of the Mong Duong 2 power plant project;
- Advising PetroVietnam Gas Corporation (PVGas) as borrower counsel on the US$133 million financing by a syndicate of onshore and offshore lenders led by the Standard Chartered Bank;
- Advising Masan Group as borrower counsel on the US$108 million financing by J.P. Morgan Chase & Co;
- Advising Bank of Investment and Development of Vietnam (BIDV) in ISDA derivative transactions with each of Citibank and Credit Suisse;
- Advising Military Commercial Joint Stock Bank in ISDA derivative transactions with ANZ;
- Advising JCB on various legal and regulatory matters and issues relating to the establishment, development and promotion of JCB's credit and debit card business in Vietnam; and
- Advising foreign banks such as HSBC, Standard Chartered Bank, Citibank, Credit Suisse, the Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ Ltd. and Deutsche Bank on derivatives, equity swaps, lending, trade financing, mortgages, pledges and guarantees.
- Advising Credit Suisse on its underwriting of the US$90 million international bonds issued by Hoang Anh Gia Lai Joint Stock Company, a large group company in Vietnam;
- Advising Masan Group as issuer counsel in the proposed offshore offering and listing of shares and depository receipts on the SGX-ST;
- Advising Masan Group as issuer counsel in the proposed US$ convertible bond issuance; and
- Advising Sacombank Securities as underwriter counsel in the VND2,000 billion bond issuance for Sacombank.