NGUYEN NAM HUNG
Hung concentrates on securities, finance and M&A matters with emphasis on capital markets and private equity transactions. He has represented a wide mix of clients in some of the most complex and largest M&A and capital markets transactions in Vietnam to date. Hung joined YKVN in 2007. In 2013, he joined the legal department of Techcombank in a senior role.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Advised a privately-held company in its investment into VND-denominated preference shares of US$150 million equivalent issued by a subsidiary of Vingroup Joint Stock Company;
- Advised Warburg Pincus, a global private equity firm, on a US$200 million investment in Vincom Retail, which is a subsidiary of Vingroup Joint Stock Company and is the Vietnam's largest owner and operator of shopping malls, which include world class shopping, recreational and dining facilities;
- Advised the Joint Stock Commercial Bank for Foreign Trade of Vietnam on the domestic IPO and the strategic sale process, including the sale of a 15% strategic stake to Mizuho Corporate Bank, Ltd;
- Advised the Joint Stock Commercial Bank for Industry and Trade on the domestic IPO and the strategic sale process, including the sale of a 20% strategic stake to Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ;
- Advised Saigon Hanoi Commercial Joint Stock Bank in the merger of Habubank into it, which was the first merger deal between two listed joint stock banks;
- Advised Fullerton Financial Holdings Pte. Ltd., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Temasek Holding Private Limited, in its acquisition of strategic stake of Mekong Development Joint Stock Commercial Bank.
- Advised Vietnam Airlines Corporation on the ECGD-COFACE-HERMES-guaranteed financing of 10 Airbus 321-231 aircraft, which was the second combined European ECA guaranteed-financing in Vietnam;
- Advised Vietnam Airlines Corporation on the COFACE-SACE-guaranteed financing of 6 ATR 72-500 aircraft, which probably was the third combined European ECA guaranteed-financing in Vietnam;
- Advised Bank of Foreign Trade of Vietnam and a syndicate of Vietnamese banks on a US$255 million financing of Dong Nai 3 and Dong Nai 4 Power Plants; and
- Advised the Industrial and Commercial Bank of Vietnam (currently known as Vietinbank) and a syndicate of Vietnamese banks on a US$212 million financing of Bim Son New Cement Plants.
- Advised Techcom Securities Company Limited in its capacity as underwriter/advisor/arranger for various VND-denominated corporate and municipal bond issues at the aggregate principal amount of more than US$2 billion during the period from 2014 through 2016;
- Advised Barclays Bank PLC, Citigroup Global Markets Inc., Deutsche Bank Securities Inc. as joint lead managers in the issue of US$1 billion sovereign bonds of Vietnam in reliance of Rule 144A and Regulation S in 2010;
- Advised Credit Suisse (Singapore) Limited as sole lead manager in the issue and listing of convertible bonds by Vincom Joint Stock Company on the Singapore Exchange Securities Trading Limited in 2009;
- Advised Vietnam TEchnological and Commercial Joint Stock Bank in the public offering of VND3,000 billion Tiet-2 capital convertible bonds; and
- Advised HSBC Bank (Vietnam) Ltd. and Standard Chartered (Hanoi Branch) in the issue of VND-denominated bonds by Vietnam Technological and Commercial Joint Stock Bank which was the largest bond issued by a financial institution in the local bond market in 2009.